Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Assignment 3: U C what I C

Telling a story with not more than 10 pictures...

Since this exercise falls on the Valentine's Week, I chose to come up with a story about Valentine... Special thanks to my friends who have helped in being my 'models' for this story, namely Yizhong, Weiling & Guoxiong... =p

Here's the story... (Since the pictures should narrate the story themselves, I shall not add in any caption... See if you can understand... It's pretty simple & straightforward... )

1


2

3

4

5

6

7


8

9

10

Get the story? =)

Feel free to comments!
(Btw, all the pictures are taken using the camera function of Nokia N70...)

After doing this exercise, I now understand the difficulties of representing things when they are in static form, i.e. photos. Unlike video, it's very hard to portray actions as well as emotional flows in a story. Moreover, without the usage of words, you need to understand how to make a picture 'talk' by showing things which the viewer can relate and identify almost intuitively...

This exercise definitely increases my interest & respect for photography.. =)

2 comments:

Phae said...

haha that picture story was really funny esp Guo Xiong's expression... :)

xinying said...

LOL